Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Friday, October 3, 2014

Be Still……Embrace Simplicity





              Be Still……Embrace Simplicity


    But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  (Matthew 6:33)

                   I'm too busy!!!!!!. My life is full of duties and meetings with little time left! Does this strike a chord in you? You probably have often heard it said that happiness lies in simplicity. You’ve seen the old movies and stories where a princess lives her life in a castle, yet  longs to live in the outside world. A world where peasant struggles day to day,but they love their family and their kids. There is nothing they wouldn't do for one another. Life is simple but good. We have heard and read and seen this common theme in literature and art, but have we ever really thought this might be the answer. Apparently we have to make a living in this world, we have to work, we have to commit to the ministry God has given to us, we have to be a wife,husband,daughter or neighbor,these are all priorities. However, God still desires that we keep him first in our lives as the main priority.

   A huge percentage of Americans lives are lived outside the home. People often compare the home, to being in a convent. (A convent doesn't sound bad to me.) Or they've got to be starring at a t.v screen 24/7. Some people are not living life, their escaping it. Their escaping the simplicity of life that secretly gives us so much joy. When me and my family moved , we noticed how much unnecessary stuff we had. This stuff was barely being used yet it was taking up huge quantities of space.  Well there has since been a  cleansing of these items and that has become a continual process. We should only hold on to things we truly value. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. ( 1 Timothy 6:7) 

                   How often in our busy lives do we ignore our loved ones. Children often left to the care of others and spouses often live as tenants passing each other by. I will forever treasure the time I spent with my Mom and Dad as a child. This world system is busy,but we don’t have to be, we can cater our life to God’s word. We can value what matters must and spend time on those things. Whether were busy doing good or making a living. We should never be to busy to get to know our children and spouse,or to pray and spend time with God everyday. The bible says: There is difference also between a wife and a virgin.My life is different than that of a married woman.As an  unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.(1 Corinthians 7:34) If you neglect what is most important in life,one day you will turn around and realize your kids are grown and gone,your relationship with your spouse and God is dry and life has passed you by.Things may change,but God remains the same.I don’t want to live my life on the freeway, coming home weary eyed and ready to retire in bed. Or watching others live their lives adventurously, while I do nothing. I have determined never to be so busy that I can't spend quality time with God or my family. Make an effort to determine the same in your life as well.

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”Psalm 46:10

But Jesus says :I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.( John 10:10)










Written & Photography by: Yours Truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment