Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Proverb 31:A Single's Perspective

SIX THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PROVERBS 31



Proverb’s 31 is one of the biggest featured chapters for women of God. There have been countless articles, blogs, sermons and books written on it. But oftentimes it is spoken of from a married woman perspective. Rarely though from a single’s perspective. Yes it describes characteristics of a wife, but it also describes characteristics of a single woman . To be more accurate a Christian single woman. Here are a few things to observe and learn from Proverbs 31 as a single gal!

The text is taken from Proverbs 10-31 .

 

     1)   v.10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far  above rubies.

    This says to me virtue is expedient as a Christian         woman. This says my worth is awesome so I shouldn’t   succumb to lower standards.
2) v.11 I need to be trustworthy and dependable.

3) v.13 I need to be a hard worker willing to roll up my sleeves, selfless, and a wise and thrifty spender.

4.)vs.20-22 I need to be a giver, prepared for challenges, dress myself with care, honor and dignity. 

5.)vs.23-27 I need to be economical, crafty, use all of my talents and gifts, more than just a pretty face, use my tongue to encourage, strengthen and teach. I need to abstain from being vain or conceited.

6.) vs. 28-31  Be a good example for the younger,be the best that God made me to be,put God’s wishes above myself completely and not be lifted up in pride or praise.


 Special thanks to Rachel Ridge for letting me use her artwork on my blog. Check out other art and works by her at http://rachelanneridge.com

Written By: 




No comments:

Post a Comment