Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The 3 W's

Eating For Life


The spring is coming soon, the sun is shining more and the flowers are beginning to bloom again. It’s that time the time where everyone is thinking of their weight. So I thought this would be the perfect time to write about some tips that may help you. It’s easy to go through the winter over eating , because the layers of warmth or not only a blanket but a shield to our eating habits. However, the right habits can keep us the right size all throughout the year. So I want to talk about lifestyle changes. That is the key to a steady weight, “lifestyle” changes. In my life I have studied the habits of those who gain and those who stay a small size. I have also took note of my habits and how they affect my weight. I am in my twenties and throughout my early 20’s and late teens I knew how to lose weight fast, but as I go towards my later twenties I began to lose sight of how to stay small. I eat right, but I started holding a lot of stress and still was not able to maintain my size like I used to , until I learned lifestyle changes are necessary.


Here are 3 W’s that I’ve learned over time always keep my weight at it’s best.

I When
Time is a major factor in our weight gain or weight loss. One of the most successful weight losses I had was when I switched my dinner to lunch and vice versa.  I’ve noticed in my life and others that timing was very important. Early was key for cheat eating and mid-day was better for heavy meals, late was key for  less cheating and lighter meals. I know some people may find it difficult not to eat heavy foods or cheat foods later in the day, however science and experience proves otherwise. Early in the day we’ve just broke a fast sleeping about 8 hours with no food. Early in the morning is a great time to cheat with an extra slice of cake or treat. Mid-day is a great time to eat your dinner foods that are on the heavier side. Later in the day your diet should grow lighter and milder.

II What
The foods that we eat obviously has a huge effect on our weight, but even more so on your health and how we feel. Many people that are slim have horrible eating habits and bad health. So being slender is not always a sign of being healthy, when I weighed about 115 pounds at 5”8, size 0, I was thin, but extremely unhealthy. Fast forward years later at 124 pounds or more I was healthy and slender. Then as time went on a little heavier, due to stress and healthy organic junk food, I’m determined to break bad habits  and cut out the “healthy and pricey” snacks. Changing what you eat not only helps with your weight, but your health and makes it easier to break bad habits. I always say no one has to deprive themselves of their favorite’s foods, but they do need to modify them. For example mac n’ cheese, you use brown rice pasta, organic low-fat cheese, coconut milk etc. You’ve swapped out all the bad ingredients for good, whole healthy ingredients. One of the basic steps you can take in changing your diet are these three things :

1.       No more ENRICHED! Get rid of any white bread ,white sugar ,pasta etc in your diet it’s horrible for your health and a breeding ground for cancer and other diseases. Instead use whole wheat and whole grains. For enriched pastas swap out the white enriched pasta for wheat, spelt, brown rice or even quinoa pasta instead of white sugar: raw sugar, coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, evaporated sugar or even honey all great replacements.

2.       Get more FRESH ingredients. Add as much fresh fruits and vegetables as you can possibly stand. Be careful not to cook all the nutrients out of your food, accustom yourself to a bit of a crunch in your veggies.


3.       COOK more and buy less boxed food. Most boxed food of full of unhealthy, and toxic ingredients. I cook a lot of the time to avoid this.

III Where

The places you go to eat often prepare foods with ingredients you’re unaware of. When you’re in a store you read the nutrition label, but oftentimes when eating out this is not part of your routine. We are less aware and on guard when we eat out. Fast food is a subtle and vicious factor in our weight gain and bad health. The fast food weight is also a lot more stubborn to lose, because of the bad and artificial ingredients the food is often made of. Try eating out less and be very selective about where you eat and what you eat while you’re there. When in doubt you can always get a salad, fresh fruit, vegetables or simply tea. Overall, the less you eat out the better.

Be determined to make a lifestyle change so no matter what your health and weight continue to thrive and not take a dive. If you’d like more blog posts on weight, health tips and even recipes please leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!


              Written By:








No comments:

Post a Comment