Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

When God Says No

When God Says No



April 13, 2016

Place: Classroom
 “Ms. Williams, can I switch this chromebook for number 22?” Her student asked.
“You need to use the one that you have been assigned,”  she said softly.
“But Ms. Williams I don’t want to use chromebook 28,” the student whined.
After he asked her several times, she finally relented and told him he could use the one he wanted to use as long as she changed the number on the list.

Have you ever asked God for a husband, job, promotion, a particular position and you receiving a resounding No or you didn’t get what you asked for?

When the incident above happened, God opened my eyes to a spiritual truth. He showed me that if He gave us what we wanted every time we asked for it, we might become proud or turn away from the Lord by getting what we want too fast. When God says no, it doesn’t always mean that He’s never going to give us what we ask for, but that we need to wait for it until it’s the right time. As humans, sometimes we relent to pressure when someone is begging continuously for something. But God is different, He won’t give in to our begging and pleading if it is the wrong time for us to have it because He loves us that much. He is all knowing and He can see our paths ahead of us. For Job 23:10 says “But He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.”  God knows that if we get what we want too soon it can hinder our progress spiritually, so He withholds it until we are truly ready. God loves us soooo much. I begin to see the depth of His love when He revealed this aspect of Himself to me. He truly does love us enough to say no if it is for our good. I praise God that unlike me in the above excerpt, He doesn’t give in and give us what we want in areas that could hinder us spiritually and that He looks at the bigger picture and wants the very, very best for his precious children. Oh how he loves us so much. Praise God for his matchless love. There is no other love like the love of our Father, which is perfect and selfless in nature.

Written By: 



No comments:

Post a Comment