Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Welcome To Our Blog!!!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Resolutions for the New Year - 2017

Resolutions for the New Year - 2017



The new year is freshly upon us and I have five resolutions for the new year.

First up:
Learn Spanish!
When I went to Mexico this past July I was ill prepared to speak with the spanish speaking people there so I want to revisit Spanish. I took it in college, but I never practiced it so I forgot most of it but I want to learn spanish this year!

Abide in the Vine!
God's word says, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." We cannot bear fruit without abiding in the word of God. From day to day I want to live in the truth of God's word. When you look around hopelessness, pain, defeat, lies may seem like reality, but they are not. God's word is the only reality no matter what life looks like at the moment. My desire is that God's word will be my ONLY reality. I want to apply the word of God to every situation in life. The bible tells us how to handle every situation and we must be open to applying it if we want to faithfully abide in the vine. We can read the bible everyday but if we get up and go about life the rest of the day living according to our own way then we are not abiding in the vine which is the word of God. Luke 11:28 says, "Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." The only way we can be blessed with the effects of God's word is if we obey it. So that is what I'm resolving to do this year by the grace of God.

Hide Myself in God
When I attended church as a young girl I struggled to understand what it meant when I heard the following verse flow from the songstress lips, "Let me hide myself in thee." But as I have become older, I have come to understand that you can hide yourself from the pain and stress of life if you hide yourself in God. Psalm 91:1 says, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." To dwell means to live. If we live in the secret place of the most high by having constant communication with Him and casting all of our cares onto Him, we will remain safe under His shadow. What a reassuring thought. I want to live in this reality and hide in Him constantly. I don't want to find refuge in television or food or friendships. I only want to find refuge in Him. There is no substitute. For 2 Peter 1:3 says, "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue." The more we look for the knowledge of God for every area of our life and apply it and agree with God we will see that He has shown us how to live this life and how to become more like Christ. Therefore I want to apply the word of God to every area of my life and watch Him protect me from dangers as He molds me into the image of Christ.

Love...Love...Love!
I want to love, love, love others. Galatians 5:14 says, "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." It' is simple and I want to continue to treat others the way that I want to be treated in the new year and beyond.  If you want others to forgive you quickly then resolve to forgive others immediately when you are offended. If you want others to encourage you then encourage others when you see that they need it. I want to be like my Father in heaven and love others unconditionally.

Be the Kind of Friend that I Want to Have
I want to be the kind of friend that I want to have. My sister gave me some great advice today. She told me to make a list of things/attributes that I want in a friend. Then she told me to look at the list and take inventory and be the kind of friend that I want to have. If you want a friend who gives you thoughtful gifts then give them gifts. If you want a friend who is willing to spend time with you when you need it then give of your time as well. So I made a list and prayed and resolved to be a better friend this year and beyond by God's grace.

Thanks for reading and God Bless you in 2017 tremendously! Happy New Year!

Written By:


No comments:

Post a Comment